Monday, July 29, 2013

Father, I desire that they also whom You gave Me may be with Me where I am.  John 17:14

Jesus desired not only that we would be in Him, but that we would be with Him. There is no place in the universe I would rather be than in the presence of Christ. There is no more marvelous presence than His. Incredibly, He also wants me to be with Him. Remember, He prayed here not just for the disciples but for you and for me. He was asking the Father that we might be with Him. The greatest benefit of Christianity is not the forgiveness of sins; that’s simply a means to an end. The greatest benefit that we have is access to the presence of God and His Son. That’s where Jesus wants us to be.

Sproul, R. C. John. St. Andrew's Expositional Commentary. Lake Mary, FL: Reformation Trust Publishing, 2009.